An orange notice door hanger indicates that we need to access to your meter for a routine meter inspection. We visited your home for an inspection and were unable to access you meter. We need you to call to schedule an appointment for our technician to access your meter. This work is done to ensure our systems are operating as intended to keep our customers and communities safe. These inspections are performed every one to three years.
Articles in this section
- Why did I receive an orange notice door hanger?
- Can you paint my rusty gas meter?
- Do I need to wear a mask if PG&E is coming to my property?
- How do I get my gas service turned back on after fumigation is complete?
- Does my electric service need to be turned off for fumigation?
- My house or business needs to be fumigated. What does PG&E need to do?
- Will I be notified when the PG&E Service Representative is on their way to my house?
- The date or appointment time I want is grayed out and doesn’t respond when I select it.