If you are buying a home that already has a solar system installed and you are not planning on making any upgrades to that system, you will be grandfathered into the previous owner's NEM program. You will need to wait until starting service at the new home to determine which program will be applied, but your customer service representative will be happy to review all applicable rates and information. When you are ready to start service, please call a solar representative at 1-877-743-4112.
Articles in this section
- Where can I find information about the NEM2 sunset?
- Can new construction projects that have applied for service but are unable to submit a generation application before the NEM2 sunset date still qualify for NEM2?
- I am planning on buying a home with solar already installed, what NEM program will I have?
- What do I need to do to qualify for NEM 2.0?
- I have all of my paperwork in and have an approved application but PG&E has not completed my interconnection. If PG&E doesn't complete their part by April 14, will I have to start on Net Billing Tariff (NEM 3)?
- As an existing customer, how will the new Net Billing Tariff (NEM 3) change my billing?
- I can’t start my new Electric Vehicle rate online, what do I do?
- What happens if I opt-out of a CCA while on NEM billing?
- How can I pay my True-Up Bill in advance?
- Why do solar customers get a monthly charge from PG&E for electricity as well as a True Up?