PG&E's Vehicle to Everything (V2X) pilot program enables customers with electric vehicles to use their car battery to power their home! This can be done during power outages, as a means of backup power, or during peak hours when it is more expensive to pull electricity from the grid.
To be eligible for the V2X pilot, customers must meet the following qualifications.
- Reside within PG&E service area
- Have a standard split-phase 240v electrical service
- Must own an eligible vehicle or charger
- Customer can verify eligible products by visiting: V2X Pilot page
- Auto-enrollment in the Emergency Load Reduction Program
Enrollment is starting; visit us online if you are interested in signing up for or learning more about the V2X program.