In most cases, your new rate will be effective on the first day of your next billing cycle. However, depending on your current equipment settings, it may take a little longer. Once we have set up your account, we will send an email confirmation with the effective date.
Articles in this section
- Can I keep my current rate plan?
- Can I change my rate plan after I move to the Time-of-Use (TOU) rate plan?
- Can I customize my own rate plan?
- Why can I only make two rate changes in a year?
- I mailed my response that I didn’t want to change my rate, but I got notification that my rate changed, why?
- Why am I getting notification that my rate changed when I selected the same rate?
- What is the earliest time I can get off my current rate?
- Why is PG&E transitioning to Time-of-Use (TOU) rates?
- How can I see all of my rate plan comparisons at the same time (Non Residential)?
- What are my options for rates?