The process for changing to a solar rate requires numerous steps and cannot be done online. For more information, visit Customer interconnection essentials.
Articles in this section
- Can new construction projects that have applied for service but are unable to submit a generation application before the NEM2 sunset date still qualify for NEM2?
- I am planning on buying a home with solar already installed, what NEM program will I have?
- What do I need to do to qualify for NEM 2.0?
- I have all of my paperwork in and have an approved application but PG&E has not completed my interconnection. If PG&E doesn't complete their part by April 14, will I have to start on Net Billing Tariff (NEM 3)?
- As an existing customer, how will the new Net Billing Tariff (NEM 3) change my billing?
- I can’t start my new Electric Vehicle rate online, what do I do?
- What happens if I opt-out of a CCA while on NEM billing?
- How can I pay my True-Up Bill in advance?
- I am a new Solar customer, am I required to be on a time of use rate plan?
- Why is there a small monthly charge from PG&E for having Solar?