If your gas or electric service has been disconnected because of an unpaid past-due bill or new-service deposit, you cannot restart your service online. For your safety, please do not attempt to reconnect the service yourself or use any unsafe means of lighting or heating your home. If you have a medical condition that requires special energy needs, contact PG&E immediately at 1-800-743-5000.
To restore service, you must pay the full amount due. You may also be required to pay a deposit twice your average monthly bill to re-establish credit. There are two ways to pay: by phone or at an Authorized Neighborhood Payment Center.
Pay by phone
- Call our payment center at any time: 1-877-704-8470.
- You may use 1) a Visa, MasterCard or Discover card, 2) an ATM or debit card with a Star, Accel, Pulse or NYCE symbol or 3) an electronic check.
NOTE: You will be charged a small convenience fee for each transaction.
- After full payment is made, call us at 1-877-743-5950 with your confirmation number. Once payment is verified, we’ll issue a service order to restore service.*
Pay at an Authorized Neighborhood Payment Center (NPC)
- To find an NPC near you, call 1-877-743-5950 or use our Payment Center Locator.
- You MUST bring your 11-digit PG&E account number or a copy of your bill with you.
- You may pay by cash, check, money order or cashier’s check. Walmart locations accept cash and PIN-based debit cards.
- After full payment is made, call us at 1-877-743-5950. Have your NPC receipt available. Once payment is verified, we’ll issue a service order to restore service.
Need help paying your bill?
If you are experiencing financial difficulties and require assistance, call 1-877-743-5950 for a list of agencies that may be able to help. Or, visit our financial assistance programs page.
* RECONNECT FEES for each gas or electric service will be assessed on your next bill for a maximum of $11.25 for CARE customers or $17.50 for non-CARE customers.