If your username is a word (such as “smithpge”), it cannot be changed. If your username is an email address (such as "firstname.lastname@example.org"), then it can be updated in Profile & Alerts.
To change your email username:
- Sign in to Your Account using your current username and password.
- Select EDIT PROFILE & ALERTS (yellow button at the top of the page). This will bring you to the PG&E Preference Center.
- Scroll down to Profile and select "Change Username, Password."
- Scroll down to "Change Username."
- Enter your new email username.
- Scroll down and select SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the page.
PLEASE NOTE: If your current username is a word, you will not see the "Change Username, Password" option mentioned in Step 3.