To apply for CARE or FERA, your service must already be established. As a new customer, you can go online and follow these steps:
- Go to START OR STOP SERVICE and select New to PG&E.
- Provide your name and identification. You can use your Social Security or Tax ID number, or an alternate form of identification such as a driver's license or passport number.
- Enter the address where you'd like to start service.
- Choose a start date (any day within the next 60 days)
- Select your electric rate plan (if applicable). To learn more about your rate options, go to Electricity Rates: Choose the plan that works best for you.
- Create a username and password.
- Confirm and submit.
You can also start service by calling a Customer Service Representative at 1-800-743-5000 [link phone number].
Once your service has started, go to Get discounts on your PG&E bill with the CARE Program to apply for CARE/FERA.