If you are a new PG&E customer, you may waive your deposit by enrolling in Paperless Billing and PG&E’s My In Lieu of Deposit option. You must enroll after you receive your first bill and up until the third bill is generated on your account. To enroll:
- Go to pge.com.
- Select REGISTER.
- Register by entering your account number and phone number.
- Select the Verify button.
- Enter the account holder's information.
- Select Use Email Address as the username, or deselect and enter a username.
- Enter your password.
- Confirm your password.
- Select a password question from the dropdown list.
- Enter the password question answer (note that it is case sensitive).
- Select Go Paperless (required for in Lieu of Deposit).
- Select the Next button.
You must sign up for Recurring Payments after receiving your first bill that includes charges for energy. Please follow these instructions to sign up for Recurring Payments to waive your deposit:
From the Your Account page, scroll down to Payment Options.
- Select Set Up Recurring Payments.
- Select Add Payment Account and enter your bank account information.
- Verify that your payment information is correct, then select Confirm.
- Select Go Back to continue enrolling in Recurring Payments.
- Under Schedule, choose when you want the bill to be paid (upon receipt or pay bill by due date).
- Under Amount, select Pay Full Amount due, then select Next.
- Review your information, and then select Confirm to authorize your enrollment in Recurring Payments.
You are also required to make a one-time manual payment:
- Scroll to Payment Options and select Payment or Make an Additional Payment.
- Enter the payment amount. This should be the amount owed not including the deposit or if the bill is for the deposit, only enter half of the deposit amount.
- Enter the payment date.
- Select Bank for payment type (do not select credit/debit).
- Select Payment Account and select the Continue button. Your payment confirmation will be displayed.
Please allow 72 hours for the account to be reviewed for meeting the deposit waiver requirements.