It is the property owners' responsibility to maintain trees near a service drop (the line from the pole to the building). We can have a technician disconnect the wire from the building and roll it back to the pole, for work to be done by the property owner or your contractor. In most situations, you do not need to be present for service to be disconnected or reconnected. The service disconnection will be temporary, and service will be restored the same or next day (depending on time work is completed). Call us at 1-800-743-5000 to schedule a future appointment.
Articles in this section
- How do I create defensible space around my home to stop the spread of wildfires?
- Do you offer wood chips customers can use for mulch?
- Does PG&E offer dirt or soil to the public?
- Is PG&E required to get my signature to remove trees?
- PG&E damaged my tree while trimming it and now I want it removed, how do I do that?
- Why does PG&E only chip wood that is less than 4 inches in diameter?
- How do I report damage to my property from the tree trimmers?
- Are there any Vegetation Management programs that include wood removal?
- Does PG&E use herbicides on vegetation?
- Can I opt out of tree pruning or tree maintenance?