PG&E and our tree contractors do not have the authority to remove wood because the trees on your land are your property. As a courtesy, tree crews cut larger limbs into more manageable lengths and leave wood on-site for customer use. They also chip woody debris, including dead material, up to 4 inches in diameter wherever accessible, or follow best-management practices established for safe, environmentally responsible debris disposal.
If you are unable to use the debris (for firewood, etc.) we recommend the following:
- Check your local listings for nearby green waste or dump sites.
- Check the internet for woodcutters and/or haulers
- Check with your local Fire Safe Council for resources who handle wood debris.
- Consider hiring someone to chip debris and use as mulch in your landscape.
- Check local community resources listed in community newspapers.
- Check community service organizations who may collect wood for those in need.
Visit our Resources page for more information on wood debris and wood management.