The first time you sign up for text alerts, we verify your phone number by sending a text message with instructions. Reply “Y” to register your phone to receive additional PG&E notifications. If your phone has previously received PG&E text alerts and you are only updating your alerts, you don’t need to verify your phone number. This rule applies to most cases, except financial transaction alerts, which use a different verification process. These alert types send a code, and then you must reply with a confirmation code.
Articles in this section
- Why did I receive a text message saying I may be charged for text alerts?
- What options are available in the automated phone system?
- How can I stop receiving phone calls from PG&E?
- How do I stop email alerts?
- How do I stop text alerts?
- Does PG&E verify my phone number to ensure that I can receive text messages?
- Does PG&E charge for text alerts?
- How do I unsubscribe from your emails?
- My parent is getting forgetful. Can I get payment notifications for them?
- How do I sign up for text message billing notifications?