Our recommendation, and the most convenient option to avoid gas service interruption, is to allow PG&E to install protective posts at no cost to you.
If you do not prefer our recommended safety measure, you may choose one of the alternate options at your expense:
- Install other permanent protective barriers (e.g., planter box, fence, curb) acceptable to PG&E.
- Permanently remove the driveway, roadway, parking area, loading dock or other facility that presents a threat to the gas meter.
- Pay PG&E to relocate your meter to a protected location.
Approved protective barriers Some common and PG&E-approved permanent barriers include:
- Planter box—requires 24 inches minimum height
- Fence—requires 24 inches minimum height
- Curb—requires 3 feet set back on residential property