Yes, you can, but the law requires that customers with permanently installed or portable generators cannot connect them to other power sources. For more information please visit us at www.pge.com/generator for information on backup power, as there are rules for installing generators.
Articles in this section
- Can I call PG&E on behalf of a family member?
- What are the features of the "Report It" app?
- What is PG&E's "Report It" app?
- Can I install a generator?
- I have a water leak; how do I turn off my electricity?
- What do I do if I smell gas?
- What should I do if someone gets an electric shock?
- What is an Earthquake shut off valve?
- What do I do if my earthquake shut off valve tripped?
- Does PG&E Install an Earthquake shut off valve?