You can call PG&E on behalf of a family member if you are added to the account. If not, PG&E cannot provide any account information (i.e., account number, customer name, last four digits of the social security number, account balance, etc.) to any party other than the customer of record.
To get added to an account, have the account holder call PG&E at 1-800-743-5000 and request to add a person. They will decide whether they want to add a person as a customer or record or a main customer of record.
If the customer of record is unable to call then they may send written authorization requesting to add another person to their account
- The following must be included in the written authorization:
- New person's phone number
- New person's mailing address
- COR signature
- Mailing Address
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Correspondence Management Center
- PO Box 997310
- Sacramento, CA 95899-7310
Once the letter is received the secondary person may be added to the account.
- They will need to contact PG&E to be authenticated before they are added to the account